Sunday, October 17, 2010

Confirmed: Welcome Back Deion

In a week where key afternoon games were decided by overtimes, the Patriots eek this one out by the hair on their chins, not on their heads (we all know that hair is sweaty greasy and flowing...ew...)

I'm back in Albany, forced to go to a local bar to *hear the Giants/Lions game but *see my game. I must admit that's a very distracting way to watch a game and it probably wasn't worth my $5.25 I spent on one beer...

I'm going to try to collect my thoughts in chronological order here. Again the Patriots decide not to play the first 3 quarters of football.

But let's talk about that one flea flicker play in the first half. BRILLIANT! Perfect execution and it just looked snazzy. The offense just clicked on that drive (it was a scoring one I believe... The Lawfirm went on to run it in.) The thing about those fancy dancie plays is you can only run them every so often.

But overall it seemed like passes were being dropped - I almost felt like the players were thinking "Oh no (only with more profane words you can insert yourself) the world watched us trade Randy Moss. Now ,I Tom Brady, have to throw to the open receiver, now I Wes Welker have to get open for my short passes to move the chains."

Neither of those guys did that I feel like that headgame got the better of them. We are still getting use to seeing no Randy? Well so are these guys. As illustrated by Brady's INT. He used to always be able to throw to my man. But not when he's triple covered (like he was when that INT was intended for him...)

But I'm going to look at the hope in all this. For all intensive purposes the guys who I expect to become forces to be recogned with didn't really show up. Where was Patrick Chung this week? Where was Grunkowski? (I have big plans for him in the red zone by the way...) And I'll preface this next one by acknowledging his touchdown first, but where was the Lawfirm? As we start to click I HAVE TO BELIEVE these guys will show up.
(Woodhead did show, I swear they can't see him so they can't tackle him... But I LIKE IT.)

Then the Defense! I think they grew up overnight, but I think we were playing too conservatively. Good job tackling the guys as soon as they got the ball, but going ahead, can't we try and make sure that pass doesn't get off to begin with? Or that it's incomplete, or that force your guy is out of bounds? It's easier said than done, I know, but something to think about as they get better.

Ultimately, I had to leave the bar in the 3rd because I had tons to do and when I get home they go and win it in a dramatic OT that I can't really comment on because I was forced to watch stupid dots on my laptop and greedily read texts from my friend.

But we did it, and Deion played a role in it too so I'm told. And that just warms my heart.

Great job pulling this one out today boys. Oh and wait, no Randy Moss post big win press conference of awkwardness or drama... I LOVE IT!


We're getting ready for the Chargers.

StaceyLynne Grande-Foster

The only thing that could make this day better is if Peyton LOSES and I get to see that crybaby face I love so much!

Thanks to Mike Bonner for getting me through the dots, Kevin Wilcox for congratulating us on the win, Paul Snyder for saying he didn't pick us "realistically"and reality are two very different things that both cause mania. And lastly to my grandma for telling me about Deion's TD.


OTHER GAMES SIDENOTE (This pass is why football makes such great VISUAL TELEVISION) Let's give credit where credit is due...
The other team (I've gotten over when Favre was at the helm of this "Cheesy" team, PRE-Texting scandal, heck, probably PRE-Cell phones period beat us in the superbowl. I'm talking about the packers.) After seeing Aaron Rodgers 86-yard touchdown pass to Greg Jennings - I was rooting for the packers over the Dolphins.

No comments:

Post a Comment